Are you consistently dealing with overbite and underbite issues? You must consult with orthodontists specialists in Florida
. To identify the problem, orthodontists mostly recommend an X-ray as a part of the assessment, which helps to determine the underlying issues created by the overbite.
According to the condition and test reports, dentists recommend the proper line of treatment. Most doctors suggest fixing braces, the most common and effective treatment for aligning teeth and jaw position.
What are the common symptoms of an overbite health condition?
It affects your facial appearance when you are smiling. Common symptoms of overbite issues are as follows:-
- You may face difficulty in opening or closing your mouth.
- Jaw Pain
- Speech Issues
- Problem in eating
Ways to Deal with Overbite Issues:
There are several ways that help in fixing the overbite issues. Some of them are as follows:-
- Dental Braces
Dental Braces work not only to fix crooked and misaligned teeth but also to fix overbite issues. This can be done in three simple steps:-
- Braces are used for the proper alignment and straightening of teeth. Overbite Braces are the same treatment often recommended by the orthodontist in most cases.
- After the alignment of teeth, elastic bands are placed on the brackets to keep the jaw in its correct position through constant pressure.
- Don't forget to remove the bands before eating, drinking, and brushing your teeth; that becomes harmful.
- Retainers are used in the last stage of orthodontist treatment, keeping the teeth in their correct position. The cure for overbite health condition depends on the patient's condition. So, treating severe overbite cases takes a minimum of 2 years.
You can see changes in your smile and appearance by getting treatment from orthodontists for overbite before and after
- Tooth Extraction
Tooth extraction is another line of treatment that works for overbite issues due to overcrowded. In this treatment, doctors pulled/ removed one tooth from the socket, and the remaining teeth automatically came into their normal position.
When the condition worsens, Pediatric Dentist in Miami
suggests surgery as this is the only solution to cure overbite problems.
Overbite surgery is only for adults, as children don't need this because their bones are developing, which can be corrected through aligners or braces.
Why Do You Need Treatment for Overbite?
An overbite is a common dental health condition, as 22% of people are dealing with it. An overbite happens when your upper teeth are large than your bottom teeth. Why you need overbite treatment because of the following reasons:
- It affects your smile and appearance
- You can't laugh openly in front of others because people bully you.
- Enhances the chances of teeth breakage
- It can result in teeth misalignment.
- Overbite can also create speech problems.
- Risk of gum disease.
- Jaw Pain
If you face difficulties breathing, eating, opening, or closing your mouth, you must be careful, as these are common signs of overbite. Without any delay, get an appointment with Pediatric Dentist Miami fl.
Consult the dentist and ask for the overbite before and after
results for effective treatment.