Many of you must have heard about people getting their wisdom teeth removed. Do you know what wisdom tooth removal
is and why it needs to be removed? If not in this article we’ll focus on everything you need to know about wisdom teeth.
What is Wisdom Tooth Extraction?
Wisdom tooth removal is cosmetic dentistry which is usually for people who want to remove their top and bottom wisdom teeth (teeth which are located at the back corners of your mouth). The major cause of having impacted wisdom teeth is crowded teeth
. If your wisdom teeth don't have space to grow, it will result in severe pain, infection, and many more dental problems. If you are suffering from any kind of issue make sure to visit a nearby dentist or an oral surgeon to get your treatment done.
Why wisdom teeth removal is required?
Many people suffer from impacted wisdom teeth. As we mentioned above the cause of impact is when there is no room for your wisdom teeth to develop and grow.
If you are not able to identify your wisdom teeth this guide may help you a little:
- It grows toward the next tooth
- Grow toward the back of the mouth
- It Grows towards the other teeth
- Wisdom teeth grow upward or downward
Symptoms of impacted wisdom teeth
Here are some signs and symptoms of impacted wisdom teeth pulled if it results in problems such as:
- Swerve pain in teeth
- Stuck food behind the wisdom tooth
- Infection or gum disease
- Tooth decay in a wisdom tooth
- Damage to a surrounding bone
How do you prepare for wisdom teeth removal?
You need to visit your dentist or surgeon to get the treatment done. Your dentist will let you know if you require an oral surgeon or not after examining if your tooth is deeply impacted or if the extraction requires an in-depth surgical approach. to make the area numb, the dentist will inject you with a local anaesthetic and start the procedure of wisdom tooth removal.
What is the right time to visit a dentist or surgeon?
If you are suffering from any of these signs and symptoms mentioned below make sure to call your dentist right away.
- If you are facing difficulty in swallowing or breathing
- Excessive bleeding in your mouth
- Severe pain
- A bad taste in your mouth
- Abscess in your mouth
Things you should do after getting the procedure:
For treating your wisdom teeth, your dentist will offer you sedation which includes anesthesia, because of this you will be taken to the recovery room. If you want to avoid any mishappening and delay in your wisdom teeth recovery time
make sure to follow these instructions:
- If you are sensing bleeding visit the dentist
- If you have Swelling while bruising
- Avoid food and beverages that can lead give you major sensations in your mouth
- Make sure to always clean your mouth by brushing twice a day and flossing.
- The important thing you should avoid is the consumption of Tobacco.
We hope you liked this article and if you are looking for Wisdom Teeth Removal Near Me make sure to visit the nearby dentist for information about this.