Searching for Shushi Rool Nutrition, Calories in Sushi & How Fattening is Sushi? Get your all answers here below:
When we ask ourselves is sushi healthy, one thing we need to look at are the calories in sushi. Calories in sushi can widely vary depending on the type of sushi you order and what is in it. Below you will find the calories in some of the more common sushi rolls in order of most calories to lowest.
Sushi Roll Calories in sushi
- Shrimp Tempura ————————————————510
- Eel and Avocado (Unagi)————————————-375
- Salmon and Avocado——————————————-308
- Spicy Tuna———————————————————-292
- Tuna (Maguro)—————————————————-185
- Avocado Roll——————————————————–142
- Cucumber Roll (Kappa Maki)——————————–136
Also when looking at calories in sushi we should also pay attention to the amount of fat that is in each roll. We also need to keep in mind when looking at fat calories in sushi that some of the fats will be better for us than others. For example the fat from avocados is much better for us than the fat from deep fried tempura. Below are the same sushi rolls sorted by the fat calories in sushi.
Recommended: Sushi and Weight Loss
Sushi Roll Fat calories in sushi
- Shrimp Tempura ————————————————189
- Eel and Avocado (Unagi)————————————-153
- Spicy Tuna———————————————————-99
- Salmon and Avocado——————————————-78
- Avocado Roll——————————————————–51
- Tuna (Maguro)—————————————————-18
- Cucumber Roll (Kappa Maki)——————————–0
Now when thinking about calories in sushi and looking at the above it is easy to spot the two obvious ones, the shrimp tempura which is deep fried has the most calories from fat, and the cucumber roll has zero calories from fat. But lets look at the calories in sushi for some of the other rolls.
For example the spicy tuna roll vs. the tuna (maguro) roll, they are both tuna rolls right, so why is there a difference of 81 fat calories between the two? Well to answer this question we need to look at the ingredients of each. I am sure you will be surprised to learn that the spicy tuna that is in this roll contains not only added oil but mayonnaise as well. And those two ingredients are what pack on the extra 81 fat calories into this roll.
When trying to figure out the calories in sushi it always pays to think about all of the ingredients that go into the roll not just what you see on the menu.