What Are The Pros & Cons of Root Canal Treatment?
Root canal treatment is usually performed to save your teeth from further damage or decay. When they enter deep inside the tooth, bacteria can damage the tooth pulp, sometimes leading to tooth loss. You may need a tooth extraction at that time sometimes, and to save your teeth root canal is performed.
Your teeth need this treatment to remove the bacteria and decay. This procedure is safe. If neglected, it can be more severe and cause severe tooth damage. You may also have other dental problems. So, it is better to treat it on time. The symptoms include pain, swelling, bleeding gums, or inflammation. You can also consult a dentist for periodontal scaling and root planing in Houston, TX, to remove dental tartar and plaque.
The treatment is a success but may also have some risks. But for sure, without any treatment, your tooth pain will not get better. Early diagnosis can help you treat it and reduces the risk of many problems. If not, the tooth is deeply impacted, requiring extraction, leading to aesthetic and financial issues and more costs.
Here are some of the Benefits and Risks of Root Canal Treatment:
What are the benefits of Root Canal Treatment?
With risk, there are many benefits of a root canal treatment. Therefore, it is necessary if your root canal treatment near me in Houston, TX, suggests a root canal treatment to you. Avoiding it can lead to further damage to the teeth. Let's see some of the benefits of root canal treatment:
- A root canal prevents pain, infection from spreading further, an abscess, and oral bone injury.
- Keeping your teeth and avoiding extraction of a broken or decaying tooth.
- Preventing eating and biting problems as nearby teeth creep into the spaces left by missing teeth.
- Prevents teeth from shifting out of alignment into the gaps produced by missing teeth.
- Dental procedures and associated fees for replacing missing teeth.
- Most dentists can carry out routine root canal treatment. Even so, the more challenging instances can necessitate the expertise of an endodontist who specializes in root canal treatments.
The Risks of Root Canal Treatment:
Risks are associated with every treatment, the same with root canal treatment. If anything happens, your dentist in houston, tx, may ask you to do some remedies. Let's see the risk:
Your dentist may suggest you a teeth whitening treatment to address the issue. Discoloration or darkening of the damaged tooth can occasionally develop after root canal therapy.
- A tooth that has received root canal therapy won't be as strong as when it was a healthy tooth; as a result, it needs to be safeguarded with a crown. Consult your dental crowns near me in Houston, TX, for a dental crown.
- Even after receiving root canal therapy, irritation and toothache can occur. Contact your dentist if it happens. Your dentist may prescribe antibiotics, painkillers, or both to treat the pain.
- A tooth with root canal therapy cannot be guaranteed to live a long life or have a long treatment prognosis.
- Root canal therapy may need complex dental surgery, which carries some risk, discomfort, and potential complications.
If you have any questions, you may consult a root canal dentist near me in Houston, TX, for more details about root canal treatment. Book an appointment now and contact your dentist.